Thursday, October 26, 2006

Hello

Alright. I've decided to put away childish things. I had a blog for a few months that didn't have my name on it. I did it so I could say what I thought and still have a chance of ever being hired again.

But I can't get taken seriously without my name on it--and I've got stuff to say.

This is not to say you folks will take me seriously now, but at least I've got a shot.

I fear for my country. Don’t you?

What do I mean by that? Let me put it this way: I am more likely to be struck by a meteorite* than I am to be killed in a terrorist attack & President Cheney & his pals have still managed to turn the clock on civil rights back 900 years.

I’m not joking. This is my serious face.

Unfortunately, I may have some small responsibility to stand behind what I say now. I have grown used to talking trash--this will be a challenge.

---------------------
*OK, OK, this is a slight exaggeration for dramatic effect. In reality, I’m just more likely to win the lottery than I am to be killed in a terrorist attack, but it doesn’t sound as good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home